Thursday, March 8, 2007
I Write My Thoughts Upon the Paper Leaves
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 6:15 PM
My first love died today. She was ten. I realize its only a cat, but I grew up with her. I raised her since she fit into one of my hands. It's a weird thing.She had been really sick lately. Obviously suffering. I wanted to bring her to the vet to put her down, end her pain, but the earliest they could schedule her in is Monday. Didn't even need the appointment. I wasn't there, but apparently she died sleeping in the sun. A cat’s life is so good as it is, and here she has one the best deaths too. Spoiled brat :)
We would have buried her, but the ground is still frozen. She's being cremated with her favorite toy. Cheesy I know, but it felt wrong to throw her away with the trash to rot.
Every blade in the field,
Every leaf in the forest,
Lays down its life in its season
As beautifully as it was taken up.
-Henry David Thoreau
Every leaf in the forest,
Lays down its life in its season
As beautifully as it was taken up.
-Henry David Thoreau