Monday, April 16, 2007
All These Places Feel Like Home
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 9:07 AM
As I sorted through my old scribbles, and childish notes (still folded in girlish perfection)... and sorted through my memories, I felt old.I thought about how so many people have influenced my life. How, through them, I've become who I am today.
- I am independent and responsible because of my mother.
- She's also the reason I go shopping and spend an OCD amount of time sifting through the shelves of products to find the best looking one before I buy it.
- I use ellipses because of Travis Noffke...
- Luke showed me that Jesus loves me.
- I get my passion for music from my grandfather, and my passion for the arts from my aunt.
- I dyed my hair because of the punk music I was introduced to by Matt Popp.
- I will never have a better New Year's Eve than the one I spent with Kimberly and Erika.
- I will always think of warm August nights by the river with four young, dumb, fun-loving girls when I hear Ludacris' "What's Your Fantasy?"
- I've always been kind of anal about germs. I discovered a family I met for the first time three years ago has the same problem.
- I prefer vegetarian meals because of Mr. Jeanquart and our discussions on The Jungle.
- I love chik'n patties and other kosher foods because of Stephanie.
- I'm addicted to WoW because of Alex.
- I'm addicted to cigarettes because of curiosity that bubbled when my mom stopped smoking.
- I will always think of thongs and their connection to Meghan.
- The words "chode" and "fish" will never have the same meaning because of Alyse.
- I will always be angry at my father for what he didn't do.
I'm only 20, yet I have learned and experienced so much already. Marriages, babies, families. The military brats. The college dropouts. The people destined to become great. Funerals.
I can't imagine what the next ten years will have in store for me.