Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Laugh with me before the morning comes
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 8:09 AM
As I've been reading blog posts today, I've come to the conclusion: It's a shitty week. I wish I had some inspirational words for you. Life here has been very hectic.
Best adjective to describe our house before we got there: DISGUSTING. The people who lived there before us were (are?) disturbingly gross. They had two large dogs, that apparently weren't trained very well. The place is layered in dust, animal hair, and cobwebs. I'm still afraid to use the bathroom even after I cleaned it a few times already. But we're slowly moving forward. We've started painting and ripping out carpet. I'm almost done painting the living room. The last coat goes on today. I still have two bedrooms, a kitchen, and bathroom to do yet.
Nate has been helping me when he's in town for work. Nate, you are a dream.
I think I will take marybishop's advice tonight. I'm physically exhausted. Working 8.5 hours on top of painting has left me completely drained. I just want to get it all done already. I want to live in a place I own. I want Nate to be by my side again. I want to cook again.
Jesus...I barely have enough brain power to blog.
Since I missed a Father's Day post, and my brain keeps detaching from my skull, I'll leave you with other people's memories of their fathers c/o Post Secret.
I like the polyester one the best.
- "My dad used to say that inside of the car's air-bags was uncooked popcorn. When you wrecked the popcorn would pop and you would have a snack until help came."
- "My dad told me the worst swear word you could possibly say was "Bostonian". It meant "someone who has no private parts." My brother and I used the word until we were teenagers and my father giggled every time we said it, right before he sent us to our rooms."
- "When i was little my dad told me that polyester was a small animal in Australia & they would kill it to make clothes. That night i sat in my room reading the labels on my clothes for hours & threw all of the polyester ones away."
- "When I was little my Dad told me that the tune played by the ice-cream van was the ice-cream man letting everyone know that he'd run out of ice-cream."
- "When I was little, I would move my finger up and down in the air to make the car window 'magically' move up and down when I was with my dad. I always knew that he was the one doing it, but the day I said it was him he stopped. Even after, when I would lie and say I forgot, or would beg him to do it, he refused and said I was too big now. I still regret revealing I knew it was him."
Side note: I keep finding paint on me. I think its seeping out of my pores.