Tuesday, July 3, 2007
My Anti-Fly Petition and Big City Experience
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 7:39 AM


There is a fly in the office and its driving me up the wall. *frantically glances about like a mad-woman* I can taste blood.

Summerfest 2007 is here. The "Largest Music Festival on Earth". However, you give people beer and bands, of course the people will flock. They don't score any respect points from me there.


Per tradition, Erin, Jimmy and I met up to see Jack's Mannequin.
Last year, it poured buckets.

This is a picture of Erin and I before Jimmy found us some ponchos. By that point, it was kind of like... well, what's the point? Although it poured, the rain brought on many enjoyable events:
  • Jimmy washing his hair in the rain with a Burt's Bees shampoo sample
  • Meeting Mister Mannequin in the flesh
  • A lot of people left the fair grounds.
And then it was if God himself wanted the festivities to continue, the clouds parted, the stars twinkled, and Jack's Mannequin played their first chord. Beauty.

That of course, was last year. This year, it didn't rain. I got to see Flyleaf for the third time. That was cool. They introed some new music to us fans, which I dig. But they did a lot of it, I don't dig that.

Jack's Mannequin's performance wasn't as good as last summer's. For those of you who don't know, Jack's Mannequin's lead singer was also the lead singer of Something Corporate. I'm more of a fan of Something Corporate, but the band is dead now. Last year they played a couple SC songs. I squealed with joy. This year, not so much.

Actually, the most adventurous parts happened before and after the music. Except for the two guys that were crazy/bored enough to body surf at a Jack's Mannequin concert.


Oh, and the fact that yelling, "mom" while looking very confused and retarded is horribly wrong but piss-your-pants funny.

[begin photo blog here]

For those of you who don't know me personally, I'm a freaky cookie. We were waiting for the bus when I noticed this raccoon statue in the park near by. I swear to god this picture doesn't do it justice, but it looks like the raccoon is about to reach the edge and "stab stab" someone with that goddamn fish.
It made me very proud to live in Wisconsin.
Way to represent Ed Gein and Jeffrey Dahmer little guy.

You know you're in the "big city" of Milwaukee when you see couples dry humping, practically pantsless, on the side of the street. As the millions of us waited an hour for the "last bus of the night"
(another one drove by later on), our entertainment included (but was not limited to):
  • A fist fight between a chick and a guy. I was rooting for the guy. The bitch stepped on my foot! Later on, the police were called. Not sure what happened with that.
  • Crazy people pretending to be bums (also known as Jimmy and Erin). I gave Jimmy money for booze and drugs.
  • Couple number one making out to our immediate left. I couldn't stop laughing when he finally popped a chubby.
  • Couple number two dry humping. I swear to god the chick was pulling a condom out of her purse when the bus finally came. See above picture. I'm so disturbed, I took a picture so the moment would last a lifetime. Okay, that's a lie. I snapped the picture over my should and actually captured them in frame. Impressive? I think so.
Sandwiched by the most annoying four girls I've ever met. Not to stereotype, but I'm stereotyping. Imagine four bleach blondes who fake n' bake, whining and complaining about every single thing. And yes, they're speaking in mall talk. And yes again, I'm sardined next to them with no place to go. There are at least 100 people smashed into the moving tin can. I was hoping to be caught in a "Speedesque" movie scene, and be "forced" to sacrifice the pretty little girls because the bus needed to drop some weight, but it didn't happen...

This is my favorite picture of the night. Unknowing of her photographer, Erin looks absolutely adorable. Had to include it in the blog ^_^

Okay seriously! Where the hell is the banana I brought with me to work? First the fly, now the banana.
|
<$BlogPager$>

Me

I'm an idealist and a dreamer and I don't know if there is a real difference between the two. I'm a girl who gets along with the guys. I'm a thrifter. I don't understand the point of electoral college. I'm a lover. I have many bad habits, none of which I'm ready to let go of. I'm a raver. I'm a creator. I love people, places, art, beauty. I hate people, places, art, beauty. I'm a hypocrite.


yvette
Contact Me

blogger
facebook
Credits

ArancioGrafica