Wednesday, July 25, 2007
I am a Hippie at Heart
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 12:15 PM

You know its going to be a good time when the first thing you do is wait in line for an available restroom, and the man who just came out of the stall you're about to enter has the biggest grin on his face. Rock on Rockfester, rock on.


First things first...

Afternoon drinks with some of our Minnesota friends.


Next things next,
find the place we're going to pass out
when the sun starts coming up.

Although the treasure hunt lasted for 20 min, our camper was in the exact same place it was last year. Bigger and badder then last year's... and the fact that your eyes watered when you entered the camper was the cherry on the sundae.
Thank you very much Willy's RV.
And thank you for the chemicals you gave us to make it not smell like shit anymore, because no amount of alcohol or pot could stop the evil stench that trailor was excreting out of its pores.

And now to work...

One pimped out WOZZ booth...check.

One interview with the World Classic Rockers...check.

These guys may be 100, but they can still rock and/or roll. Former members of Santana, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steppenwolf, Journey, etc. got together to continue playing the classics all true rockers have grown to love and play with themselves to.

We got to do an on camera interview,
and introduce them on stage in front of thousands of people.

We were pretty pumped about the
introducing them on stage part.
[backstage]


The World Classic Rockers were a great way to kick off
Rockfest 2007.

Self esteem boost: The dirty old men couldn't get enough of me!
They invited me to come with them to Nebraska after the show.

I thought about it.
I mean, who doesn't want to ride with old, washed up rockers
and join the mile high club?
Hellz yeah, I'm a rock star baby!

Our part was done on stage. WOZZ also got to interview and introduce Collective Soul, but we were only staying until Saturday (the day of their performance) so our replacements got to meet them instead. Bummer.

We worked the booth and drowned our sorrows in spirits.
We had a lot of spirits.
JT and Ken are in the middle, and our two biggest fans are centered around them.
An extra shout out to the LaClures for showing us
a real good time.

Constant snoring and air so cold I could see my breath kept me awake most of the night.
The guys wanted to take a trip to Kwik Trip to load up on supplies and gas for the morning, care of Midwest Communications. I ended up passing out in the back seat.



When I woke up, we were in civilization... sort of.

Leinie's Brewery. The boys, being boys, wanted a tour.
How exciting.
The tour ends with free samples of beer.
Ahhhh.

The best, and worst part of our tour was our tour guide.
Everybody say Hi to Sarah ("hi Sarah....")
With her "oh my god! Who's excited to see the fermentation chamber?!"s
and her pop quiz questions,
Any spectator can easily see she was too excited about beer.

Keep in mind I'm still hungover (i.e. stupid)
and starving because we're missing the time slot that lunch is served on the grounds...
I want a mother fucking burger!

Finally, the tour finished and the boys chugged their beers.
Off to find food.
...after we take a pit stop at the closest State Park.

Wissota State Park, why do you suck so much?
More importantly, what's a guy's fastination with State Parks?!

I eventually got my greasy burger and was satisfied.

[--------Awards--------]

Worst Show Easily Uncle Kracker. At first I was digging their bluesy tunes; the boys from Detroit have soul mind you. But when you actually listen to the lyrics, its really just a bunch of repetative one-liners. Plus it didn't help that Mister Kracker kept asking the hung over afternoon crowd if we were sleeping. Yes, we are, because you are a horrible entertainer.
Stop mocking us, and play some music.

Best Show
(in countdown format for your convenience)

3. Deep Purple
There is absolutely nothing better than listening to Smoke on the Water live, higher than a mother fucking astronaut.

2. Godsmack
I had to respect them for their amazing two drumset competition as well as their "classics" of classic rock music medley. I swear, tops came off during their performance.

1. GRAND FUNK RAILROAD!!!!!
They may not have toured in 30 years, but they put on an amazing show. They really know what its like to perform live music. None of this "sounds like the cd" crap coming from their speakers. Their instrumental intros and solos were mind blowingly orgasmic, and their rendition of "Heartbreaker" live is a magical moment that would make a grown man piss his pants.

Worst Pick Up Line
"This is rockin'!" to Deep Purple.

Yes thank you. Deep Purple plays a mean concert, we already know this. You don't have to pretend to be my age in a lame attempt to hit on me. Continue adjusting your emo glasses and squeegying your bald head and drinking your feminine mixed beverage and do not ask me to dance again.

You just don't slow dance to Deep Purple.

It's disrespectful.

|
<$BlogPager$>

Me

I'm an idealist and a dreamer and I don't know if there is a real difference between the two. I'm a girl who gets along with the guys. I'm a thrifter. I don't understand the point of electoral college. I'm a lover. I have many bad habits, none of which I'm ready to let go of. I'm a raver. I'm a creator. I love people, places, art, beauty. I hate people, places, art, beauty. I'm a hypocrite.


yvette
Contact Me

blogger
facebook
Credits

ArancioGrafica