Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Peace
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 1:30 PM

I've been listening to a top 40 station at work today. I've concluded that artists these days don't know how to make quality music. Now don't get me wrong, I understand the bump and grind scene and all that jazz. But there is no feeling, no real passion behind their lyrics or music. For those of you who like that sort of music, I used to be one of you. Back in the good ol' days of boy bands and mixed tapes. I just can't relate any more. I don't know how much more of this girls too beautiful I'd kill myself and lip gloss poppin' I can handle. Does this mean I'm getting old? Or music that tops the charts is getting worse? I guess my lip gloss just aint poppin' anymore...

One more week until class is in session. I'm sure everybody is blogging about it. It is the latest news after all. That and the iphone kid. How genius. Anywho, Believe it or not: I actually have academic goals this year. I've analyzed my study habits, and if I'm any where near a computer or music or interesting people, I'm too easily distracted. I basically use the computer, music or people as excuses to do nothing. I'm horrible, and I know it. The hardest part, is I really don't care about my grades or any of that. I always feel like I have way more important things to do than learn about crap I don't care about.

My plan: Surround myself with boring atmosphere and boring people. i.e. The library. I've never been a library person before. I've always studied in my room instead. Hence the distractions. I'll reward myself with alcohol or drugs or WoW, but I wont allow myself to be sucked into temptation until after I leave the library doors swinging behind me.

Salvia. The legal hallucinogen. Yes please! I'm afraid it will be the death of me. It looks like its a combination of everything I love and everything I've been meaning to try. Although I originally heard it from a good friend of mine, its my mother who encouraged me to try it with her. Hippies at heart we are, we are.
|
<$BlogPager$>

Me

I'm an idealist and a dreamer and I don't know if there is a real difference between the two. I'm a girl who gets along with the guys. I'm a thrifter. I don't understand the point of electoral college. I'm a lover. I have many bad habits, none of which I'm ready to let go of. I'm a raver. I'm a creator. I love people, places, art, beauty. I hate people, places, art, beauty. I'm a hypocrite.


yvette
Contact Me

blogger
facebook
Credits

ArancioGrafica