Friday, August 24, 2007
Tiësto @ Myth
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 10:27 AM
Tiësto: "I think it helps, yes, but I never looked at America as one of my targets. I look at America as my little playground. What I like about America is that I can be famous when I go into a club, but I can walk here on Sunset (Boulevard in Los Angeles) and nobody knows who I am."The five hour drive was well worth it. My first rave couldn't have gone much better. I was a intimidated at first by the groups of gathered cliques and obvious judging glares. Plus I had a paranoia about me since I was well over dressed in my tee shirt and sneakers (most of the girls were in clubbing gear i.e. naked). Myth Nightclub was packed, so eventually it didn't matter anymore.
There were a few opening acts before the main performance. Not sure, but we guessed the first DJ was a house DJ, because he really didn't play much. Two DJs performed afterwards who were voted to fill that opening spot before Tiësto. I can't remember their names though. Sorry guys, get some better PR. Nathan Vox was next. People liked him a lot, but I still wasn't too impressed. He played some Skazi and Coldplay remixes which were cool, but it just didn't seem like he had discovered his style yet. Maybe I'm just too picky.
At this point I was reminded of the clubs that you see on tv or a movie. A main floor (where you could find me most of the night) and two more stories with balconies surrounding the main floor. Glowsticks, lazer lights, photons. Beautiful people having a beautiful time jamming to the same beats. There were still the high schoolers butt-bumping couples, but I was too far in the crowd to be bothered. I hung out with the glow stickers and ravers and people who were too into their personal light shows to care about anything else at the moment. Perfect.
Tiësto finally appeared amongst the fog and lights. He was center stage pumping out the music right in front of me having as good as a time as each person in his audience. To each of his sides were stripper-like dancers. Wearing not one, but two layers of bikinis. As if that covered more. Fuzzy boots, ribbons dangling...
I have to agree with another blogger: go-go girls anyone?
I suppose they did their job though. The guys were getting a kick out of the lovely lady lumps. I was surrounded by frequent camera flashes and drooling faces. The dancers more or less depressed me, with their shimmering perfect bodies, and gorgeous dance movies, and... fuck they were hypnotizing.
It was his Elements of Life tour, so I wasn't surprised when he didn't play any of his classics. He sort of mixed into them, but didn't break the surface. The last song of the night was a new song from his upcoming album. Most days I'm not a big fan of introing new music, but this song was jaw dropping shit your pants amazing. The entire club must have enjoyed it too, the energy climaxed right there, and then we were left hanging for more. He made a sale with me.
I've been meaning to pick up new trance music anyway. My big radio show this upcoming semester will be a trance show. I need to start expanding my collection of music. Anybody else a big trance fan? I'm looking for free downloading music sites if anybody knows of a good one, let me know :)