Tuesday, August 21, 2007
We Strike Tomorrow
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 9:45 AM

Thank you Canopenner for introducing me to Frets of Fire. My fingers are burning.

The weather has been very gloomy here lately. The past few days have been "indoor activity" days consisting of spectacular meals (inspired of course by my favorite shows on the Food Network), lounging, playing WoW, and sleeping. Call me lazy. And I'll agree with you. I figure the school year is just around the corner. Time is ticking, and there is still plenty of slacking to do. I received my first syllabus yesterday. Frankly it scared the shit out of me. Seriously, I'm wearing Depends from now on. Only a few more weeks of freedom left for this little panda bear.


Sunday was my first time drinking (to get drunk) legally. Buddy and I sipped margaritas next to the Cabana boys before we went to see Stardust and ending the night by embarrassing Nate at the club. As the alcohol hit my bloodstream and the movie continued, I have to say that Charlie Cox transformed into a very sexy young man. Shooting stars, evil witches, funny comedic relief made the movie worth seeing if you're into fantasy. If anything, see the movie for De Niro's performance. He is a masterpiece and deserves an Oscar for his role as Captain Shakespeare. I'm also looking forward to seeing The Golden Compass. I've always wanted to read the book series, but I doubt I will before the movie release.

I am a complete sucker for fantasy movies. Each of us find our escape from life in our own little way. Exercise, television, alcohol, drugs...whatever your fix is, whatever you do to escape the "real life," I dig it.

Tomorrow night is the big DJ Tiesto concert. I can't wait to experience the energy and the feel of a real rave. Hundreds of strangers having a good time under one roof. No cares. No pain.

Just dreaming and escaping.

You the man Tiesto.


|
<$BlogPager$>

Me

I'm an idealist and a dreamer and I don't know if there is a real difference between the two. I'm a girl who gets along with the guys. I'm a thrifter. I don't understand the point of electoral college. I'm a lover. I have many bad habits, none of which I'm ready to let go of. I'm a raver. I'm a creator. I love people, places, art, beauty. I hate people, places, art, beauty. I'm a hypocrite.


yvette
Contact Me

blogger
facebook
Credits

ArancioGrafica