Thursday, September 20, 2007
Detective Nicole: On the Case
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 11:12 AM
Dippin' Dots. The glorious futuristic wonders of the ice cream industry. With their tasty flavors and bead shapes, they're hard to resist. Purchasable at theme parks, sports events, and now at your local grocer?
I heard through the grapevine that these delicious tidbits are now at grocery stores. I didn't believe it. I felt young again. I felt like I have purpose in life. I needed to investigate.
I browsed through the colorful Dippin' Dots website and eventually found this:
In order to maintain the fun and unique qualities of Dippin' Dots products, we do not sell them at traditional ''take home'' outlets. Because of the sub-zero storage requirements, Dippin' Dots would begin to stick together in your home freezer.
Disappointment. If they could figure out a way to keep Dippin' Dots happy in their little packages, I would spend a good chunk of my paychecks on the suckers.
Perhaps they haven't updated the website in awhile...
I continued browsing for my answer when I read something that completely turned my world upside down.
Dippin' Dots are tiny beads of ice cream, yogurt, sherbet and flavored ice.
Sherbet. My head swam with confusion. It must be a Midwest thing, but we say "Sherbert." I'm pretty sure that's how I've been spelling it too. Its difficult for me to digest, let alone pronounce.
Sherbet. Sherbet. Sherbert. Damn it.
Lo and behold the investigation has been paused for the time being. I'm still practicing my pronunciation. Thank you Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.
|
I heard through the grapevine that these delicious tidbits are now at grocery stores. I didn't believe it. I felt young again. I felt like I have purpose in life. I needed to investigate.
I browsed through the colorful Dippin' Dots website and eventually found this:
In order to maintain the fun and unique qualities of Dippin' Dots products, we do not sell them at traditional ''take home'' outlets. Because of the sub-zero storage requirements, Dippin' Dots would begin to stick together in your home freezer.
Disappointment. If they could figure out a way to keep Dippin' Dots happy in their little packages, I would spend a good chunk of my paychecks on the suckers.
Perhaps they haven't updated the website in awhile...
I continued browsing for my answer when I read something that completely turned my world upside down.
Dippin' Dots are tiny beads of ice cream, yogurt, sherbet and flavored ice.
Sherbet. My head swam with confusion. It must be a Midwest thing, but we say "Sherbert." I'm pretty sure that's how I've been spelling it too. Its difficult for me to digest, let alone pronounce.
Sherbet. Sherbet. Sherbert. Damn it.
Lo and behold the investigation has been paused for the time being. I'm still practicing my pronunciation. Thank you Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.