Monday, September 24, 2007
Prince Ready to Invade United States
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 2:48 PM
In an attempt to "reclaim the Internet," Prince is preparing to file lawsuits against YouTube, eBay and The Pirate Bay, for allegedly encouraging copyright violations, according to one of his representatives. More...
Somebody slap that man/woman/thing!
Dear Artist Formally Known as Prince (or whatever you've your most recent official title is),
If you think your million dollar army will help you stop internet piracy, you are sorely mistaken.
Copyright laws are so gray as it is, you don't have a fighting chance. Downloading and sharing materials online is going to happen, illegal or not.
So instead of making a big fuss, let the fans enjoy the video clips! If the fans want to share their totally awesome clips of live performances of their favorite Prince experiences, or sell materials on eBay to new fans, let them. At the very least, your fans are happy! Plus sharing materials is a great way to expand your fan base. I know I, myself have scanned live shows of musicians on YouTube.
Prince Rogers Nelson, you are the man who created the Minneapolis Sound. I would like to believe that you write and preform because you are passionate about music. I would like to believe you do what you do for everybody who loves your work, and the feeling you get when your lyrics effect each and every listener. However its hard to comprehend any of this when you attack Copyright Violators, and more importantly, when you attack your fans.
Not a fan,
Nicole
P.S. Please forward this to the Village People as well.
|
Somebody slap that man/woman/thing!
Dear Artist Formally Known as Prince (or whatever you've your most recent official title is),
If you think your million dollar army will help you stop internet piracy, you are sorely mistaken.
Copyright laws are so gray as it is, you don't have a fighting chance. Downloading and sharing materials online is going to happen, illegal or not.
So instead of making a big fuss, let the fans enjoy the video clips! If the fans want to share their totally awesome clips of live performances of their favorite Prince experiences, or sell materials on eBay to new fans, let them. At the very least, your fans are happy! Plus sharing materials is a great way to expand your fan base. I know I, myself have scanned live shows of musicians on YouTube.
Prince Rogers Nelson, you are the man who created the Minneapolis Sound. I would like to believe that you write and preform because you are passionate about music. I would like to believe you do what you do for everybody who loves your work, and the feeling you get when your lyrics effect each and every listener. However its hard to comprehend any of this when you attack Copyright Violators, and more importantly, when you attack your fans.
Not a fan,
Nicole
P.S. Please forward this to the Village People as well.