Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Hoist the Sails! I Spy Me a Blog Post!
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 12:25 PM
I attempted to create this post in Pirate-Talk in celebration of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, but quickly gave up when I realized the only real Pirate vocab I know consists of: Ahoy, yar, bloomin', avast, matey (and their plural forms of course).
Ahoy Maties! My bloomin' computer is no longer accepting any form of reasonably bribery anymore. Yar! I do believe the time has come to think about alternative options:
- Typewriter
- Notepad
- Emo note taking (this involves doodling all surface areas of my body and/or cutting)
Avast! I could shove money into a new hunk of junk. That option seems very unlikely at the moment. Money is a no show. I need more booty methinks!
.
.
.
The other day Nate and I were strolling through the outdoor mall on campus. Sun shining, birds chirping, the works. We came upon two men playing guitars and singing folk songs. We stopped and gathered amongst the other observers in a kumbayaesque atmosphere.
The entertainers sang their song, and we quickly discovered their real message.
The songs were filled with gay bashing lyrics. Homosexuals should be cleansed from this impure world, etc. All [of course] in the name of God. I've never been so disgusted in my life. Like, ache in the pit of my stomach, scream random obscenities, destroy musical instruments upset.
I can't understand. I never will.
It is morally wrong to be sexist, racist, anti-gay... whatever. But if the tag line "Because the Bible says so," is added to the suffix of the content, people are allowed to be racists, sexist, or anti-gay?
No thank you. I am a religious person. I am a believer.
But I will not, can not support people who encourage hate.
The guitar players were not the only people who were supporting the cause either. There were parents with young children, other students, employees. I was in a state of disbelief.
What year are we in again? I thought we were passed this.
|
Ahoy Maties! My bloomin' computer is no longer accepting any form of reasonably bribery anymore. Yar! I do believe the time has come to think about alternative options:
- Typewriter
- Notepad
- Emo note taking (this involves doodling all surface areas of my body and/or cutting)
Avast! I could shove money into a new hunk of junk. That option seems very unlikely at the moment. Money is a no show. I need more booty methinks!
.
.
.
The other day Nate and I were strolling through the outdoor mall on campus. Sun shining, birds chirping, the works. We came upon two men playing guitars and singing folk songs. We stopped and gathered amongst the other observers in a kumbayaesque atmosphere.
The entertainers sang their song, and we quickly discovered their real message.
The songs were filled with gay bashing lyrics. Homosexuals should be cleansed from this impure world, etc. All [of course] in the name of God. I've never been so disgusted in my life. Like, ache in the pit of my stomach, scream random obscenities, destroy musical instruments upset.
I can't understand. I never will.
It is morally wrong to be sexist, racist, anti-gay... whatever. But if the tag line "Because the Bible says so," is added to the suffix of the content, people are allowed to be racists, sexist, or anti-gay?
No thank you. I am a religious person. I am a believer.
But I will not, can not support people who encourage hate.
The guitar players were not the only people who were supporting the cause either. There were parents with young children, other students, employees. I was in a state of disbelief.
What year are we in again? I thought we were passed this.