Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Little Bitz of Ice Cream Fun
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 6:30 PM

I found them!!!

Nate and I were preforming our monthly grocery ritual at Pick n Save. The aroma coming from the bakery and deli area made me so hungry I couldn't stand it! Before my senses got the best of me, I escaped to the frozen foods section. Nothing but ice and freezer burn to smell here! That's when I stumbled onto this beauty. Ittibitz, the Dippin' Dots wannabe. Like Dippin' Dots, they come in a variety of scrumptious flavors. But the real question is how do these little buggers compare to the real thing?

I basked in the glory of my freezer two nights after purchasing the cryogenically frozen balls of ice cream. My nose was starting to get cold, but I didn't care. I was so excited to try Ittibitz. Imagine the possibilities. If they were just as good as Dippin' Dots, I could live like a Queen for the rest of my days! I finally closed the freezer door. I was ready.

The first thing I noticed was the packaging. It resembles the packaging on individual fruit cups, with the thin layer of aluminum glued around the edge of the plastic container. It was surprisingly difficult to remove. The plastic coating on the aluminum kept ripping. No points for the packaging Ittibitz.

Most of the ice cream had melted, and then refroze to each other. I placed a spoonful on my tongue and let it dance. There they were: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry beads dancing in my mouth. Tasted pretty damn good.

Ittibitz has nothing on Dippin' Dots. The packaging doesn't work well for this product, and your average freezer can't keep the ice cream shapes spherical. But they still provide a nice change away from ice cream and best of all remain fun to eat. And isn't that really the point anyway?
|
<$BlogPager$>

Me

I'm an idealist and a dreamer and I don't know if there is a real difference between the two. I'm a girl who gets along with the guys. I'm a thrifter. I don't understand the point of electoral college. I'm a lover. I have many bad habits, none of which I'm ready to let go of. I'm a raver. I'm a creator. I love people, places, art, beauty. I hate people, places, art, beauty. I'm a hypocrite.


yvette
Contact Me

blogger
facebook
Credits

ArancioGrafica