Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Burning to Find You
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 1:21 PM
I have been losing sleep over what my final advanced radio piece should be on. I originally wrote the script Saturday and spent six long hours in the studio on Sunday completing it. I turned it into my professor, happy and confident, and especially proud of myself because I completed it early for a change. Unfortunately my piece doesn't meet the criteria for a grade. I'm so disappointed. It's a rockin piece too. I plan to submit it to some competitions, but I still need a final piece for my class. Luckily for me, I have a cool professor. He extended my due date so I have some time, but I remain writer's blocked for now.I've also had this dating thing on the brain. I do want to be independent. I want to take my own strides, and be happy with what I've accomplished on my own. Yet at the same time I'm lonely and it would be nice to fall asleep in someone's arms. I want to be one of those crazy young love birds on the streets, who don't care what others think. I want to find someone like that.
However I'm afraid if I become too independent, I wont allow myself to commit to a serious relationship. You could call me a traditionalist when it comes to dating. I expect my date to treat me like a lady, and act like a gentleman. But doesn't today's modern independent woman counter that traditional mindset? I guess I just need to find someone who can handle my hypocritical butt.
This week's theme song. Feel free to listen and continue browsing the World Wide Web. The guitar riff is so beautiful, and there's such a mix of emotions throughout the entire piece. It's exactly what I'm feeling, and yearning to scream out. I've done well with avoiding drama. Well, not drama per say, but more so removing dramatic people from my life. Yet here I am, drowning in my own emotions.