Thursday, November 1, 2007
My Grand Finale
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 2:27 PM


I saw these questions on Keshi's post and found it thought-provoking.

What would be the 5 major things you would do if you were told by your physician that your life would only last another six months?

I try to live each day like its my last. I still attend school and work for a living, but I try to enjoy the people and places and all of the little pleasures that make this life, this wonderful treasure, worth living.

1. First, I would spend time with both sides of my family. It's from their wisdom, their love, their mistakes, I am who I am today. We'd wine and dine, and share our stories. We'd have one final family extravaganza. I've never imagined my funeral being glum. Not that many of us celebrate the passing of a loved one, but I hope this would give my family one last amazing memory of our time together.

2. Lay under the aurora borealis with somebody I love.

3. Attend an Opera. The symphony, costumes, the lyrics; I've always been fascinated with Operas. I've always been intimidated by the expenses and the languages that come along with the show. If I only had six months to live, I would dress in my best and enjoy a night at the Opera.

4. I'd say goodbye to everyone, and move to Europe. Every once in awhile I get the urge to pack up my belongings and head to a foreign place. We all do, I'm sure. I wouldn't need much. Only beautiful places, beautiful people, beautiful atmosphere. I've never been there, I can't speak the language, I wouldn't have any money; but I would die some place I've always wanted to go. The hardest part about this of course, would be leaving the ones I love. But this trip would be for myself. I've always relied on other people to do things for me. It would be my way of redeeming my independence I suppose. But I wouldn't mind sharing the experience with a close friend either.

5. Film short documentaries of my travels for my loved ones. If it came to it, I would mail the unfinished footage to a trusted friend who could complete my work.
|
<$BlogPager$>

Me

I'm an idealist and a dreamer and I don't know if there is a real difference between the two. I'm a girl who gets along with the guys. I'm a thrifter. I don't understand the point of electoral college. I'm a lover. I have many bad habits, none of which I'm ready to let go of. I'm a raver. I'm a creator. I love people, places, art, beauty. I hate people, places, art, beauty. I'm a hypocrite.


yvette
Contact Me

blogger
facebook
Credits

ArancioGrafica