Thursday, November 1, 2007
No Time for Apologies
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 1:24 PM
I love Halloween, especially trick-or-treating. I of course, have moved onto bigger, better things; things that involve alcoholic beverages and other illegal substances, but handing out candy to little creatures in the night is the highlight to this year's Halloween experience.I adore the children who are just old enough to enjoy the event. They haven't a clue. They go door to door in some sort of adorable Anne Geddes getup, stare at you for awhile in amazement, and stare even longer at the candy pieces after you drop them into their bucket. Then they wobble off when told, and do it all over again. I love it. It's the older kids that bother me. Sure, one last Halloween right? We've all been there. But you would think they would have enough common sense to dress for the occasion. Isn't that the point? If you're only in it for candy, go to Walmart and buy some for $2. Be warned: Any kid who shows up at my door costumeless will not receive candy.
Last weekend my roommate had a party. I returned the next morning after work. I noticed I hadn't received my usual greeting from my cat. I figured she was in hiding from the party, and went to bed. However, when I awoke, I still couldn't find her anywhere. She must have escaped during the chaos.
I made Missing Cat posters and handed them out to my neighbors. I walked down my block and called her name. As usual, she didn't obey. A few days passed. Finally, I returned one night with a load of stuff in my car that I needed to carry upstairs. I left all of the doors open in preparation, and as I turned to go back for more, here's my cat moseying nonchalantly up the stairs, filthy and covered in burrs. I bathed her, and petted her, and asked her about her adventures. I was so happy to have her back.
I've been a World of Warcraft addict for too long. I finally kicked the habit last night. I haven't played for a few weeks, but last night I logged on for a couple hours. When I finished it felt like more of a waste of time than anything. I made it official. My account ends on November 12.
Sure I kicked my habit, or did I merely made room for a new one? I've been playing a lot of Guitar Hero lately. And let me tell you, I would make an awesome rock star. I can rock those notes as if the colorful buttons and whammy bar were real. Rock on.
A lot of things will be changing soon. This is the calm before the storm. More to come.