Monday, December 17, 2007
Cake, Icing, Cherries and the Question Begs: Can I Eat it Too?
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 10:38 AM
There are few things I am really good at:- analyzing people
- listening to music
- dancing like nobody is watching
But finals week feels like so long ago already.
The weekend was filled with many stress-relief activities - reading books, winding down, playing some violin, seeing old friends, and plenty of pinot grigio. Now, to worry about Christmas shopping...
I received rave reviews on my final advanced radio piece. It was a big pat on the back for me - something I really needed to hear outloud. The professor played it for the class, and so many positive comments followed.
And it doesn't stop there. My professor finally let me into his radio seminar. Originally he wouldn't let me in because I'm already enrolled in a literature class (I need it for graduation) and there is a schedule conflict. However after hearing my totally rockin' piece, he caved. Good man.
The cherry on the icing on the cake? A few members of film society walked up to me after class and told me to pitch the idea to film society next semester. My radio piece might turn into a short film! *mini tribal*
I'm meeting an old friend for dinner tonight. He's planning on taking a job in Florida. Up and leaving and starting over. I say - good for him. We all talk about doing it, but not a lot of us actually do. I too am one of those dreamers. Not that I'm running away from anything, or maybe I am, but I do want to move to the east coast as soon as I graduate. This of course becomes a problem when it comes to relationships.
I've been on a few dates here and there, but I'm not looking for anything too serious. I think I'm avoiding the men who will sweep me off my feet. I'm hoping I meet him in a few years - when I'm career happy and I'm on the path I want to be on anyway. Too independent? Maybe. Man-Cautious? That too. I'm a free spirit after all! I need to meet somebody who understands this. Or grow old waiting.
I mean seriously, I can't have my cake and eat it too? What kind of twisted world do we live in?