Sunday, December 30, 2007
The Kiss
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 7:56 AM
What a Day1:30am - I was saved from a crazy drunk.
Usually when us ladies hit up the bars, we're bombarded with cat calls and lame attempts to get us to dance - nothing new. Last night I met one of the most interesting bar characters. My buddy and I were cutting a rug on the dance floor when a I felt somebody grab my hip. In bar talk this means, "Let's grind." I turned around, explained I was here with my girls, and went back to drunkenly embarrassing myself. His persistence wasn't lacking. No matter which corner of the dance floor we moved to, he was there. Even after my friend told him we were lesbians, he persisted. But there was something off about him. This guy must have had serious alcoholism issues, because he actually wanted my beer - not me. You could dangle a beer bottle in front of the boy and lead him on like it was a doggy treat - drool and all. Frankly I'm a bit insulted. I'm much tastier than any beer.
2:04 am - The boy I had a crush on since middle school kissed me.
We were bar hopping in the city I went to high school. Just about everybody is home from college, enjoying their time off. We ran into a lot of old classmates. One particular individual caught my eye in the crowd. I was surprised to see how he had changed since I last saw him. Then again, I think about all of the things I've learned and all of the adventures I've experienced that influenced who I am today.
He bought me a drink and asked if I wanted to dance. Giddy like a school girl, I accepted with too much enthusiasm and he lead me onto the dance floor. We danced, confessed our innocent crushes on each other, and leaned in for the kiss. The crowd faded, lights on the dance floor flickered brighter, the song...could have been better, but amongst our drunkenness, we shared the perfect kiss.
6:30 am - I spilled oil on my favorite winter jacket, my best-fitting jeans, and my favorite suede boots.
I can't Shout this out. They are all completely ruined.
But all I keep thinking about is that kiss.