Thursday, January 3, 2008
Bitter:Sweet - The Mating Game
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 9:04 AM
Happy 2008 everybody! I hope your celebration was everything you hoped it would be and more.
Last year I was still underage. I drove from party to party, making an appearance, saying hi and moving on. Since I was the only sober individual at each party, I ended up celebrating at a gas station, purchasing Red Bull for everyone else.
Yoho Kwik Trip clerk, and a happy new year to ya!
One of my good friends had a similar experience and gave me a jingle to tell me all about it. We ended up polishing off a bottle of wine, laughing at each other's faces as we tried to get used to the bitter aftertaste Barefoot wine has to offer.
This year the girls and I gussied up and attending a formal party. I attempted to find a fur coat to accompany my favorite black dress, but was unsuccessful. Frank Sinatra, champagne, beer and shots - typical Wisconsin class. After we mingled for awhile, we stripped out of our formal attire and slipped into something a little more comfortable - then headed to the bars. What a fantastic time! Our usual bartender bought us all a round of shots, and we continued with a few more ourselves. The countdown lead to numerous euro-savvy kisses amongst good friends. Nothing spectacular here. It was soon after, we headed to our usual final bar of the night (complete with a bump and grind dance floor).
I met a very nice young man at this bar. He purchased a few drinks for not only me, but my friends as well. It's funny how once you hit the bar scene, you meet people, exchange numbers, and potentially set up dates. I'm trying to keep things at the friendship level - but that doesn't seem to happen often at my age.
We called it a night around 5:00am. I really did have a blast.
My New Years Day changed my entire perspective on life. One room, one person, one amazing transition into the new year. New post to come.