Wednesday, January 9, 2008
BUSTED!
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 1:09 PM
The Laundry Mat Chronicles
I meet a lot of interesting people during my time at the laundry mat. I helped an elderly foreign woman use a dryer once. I met a man who smelled of turnips who also told stories of 'nam. I also met a handsome young man with whom I exchanged phone numbers with.
We've been exchanging text messages recently and he finally asked me to hang out. We went out for a casual dinner at a sandwich place. Delicious food, nice atmosphere. He shared stories about his family, hunting, and how much he's obsessed with Classic Rock: A true Wisconsinite. I don't know anything about hunting, but I listened and nodded anyway.
We concluded our night outside in the parking lot. He confessed he was really into me, and asked if we could set up a real date. I explained I had been dating someone for awhile, and pulled a real whammy of a line, "lets just be friends."
We mentally shook hands, knowing we'd probably never see each other outside of the laundry mat, and set off on our ways.
I confess, I Facebook stalked him today. I'm glad I did though. The guy is in a relationship with some girl from Minnesota! What a boogerhead.
Lesson learned: Don't meet anybody at a laundry mat. Also, Facebook can be a very useful tool.
Thank you Facebook for everything you've given me: Aimless hours of stalking, applying applications, annoying everybody else with my applications, and commenting on everybody else's photos. I owe you one.
I'm in this kind of mood. I recently discovered this band while at work. Everybody needs a little Norwegian disco electronica in their lives!
I never went to a Computer Camp myself, but if I did you'd find me next to the dancing kid in the corridor!
"She’s not a tramp. Her name is Judy."
"That’s a nice name."
"Yeah she’s a nice girl."
"Big deal. Did you get in her pants?"
"She’s not that kind of a girl, booger!"
Datarock - Computer Camp Love
|
I meet a lot of interesting people during my time at the laundry mat. I helped an elderly foreign woman use a dryer once. I met a man who smelled of turnips who also told stories of 'nam. I also met a handsome young man with whom I exchanged phone numbers with.
We've been exchanging text messages recently and he finally asked me to hang out. We went out for a casual dinner at a sandwich place. Delicious food, nice atmosphere. He shared stories about his family, hunting, and how much he's obsessed with Classic Rock: A true Wisconsinite. I don't know anything about hunting, but I listened and nodded anyway.
We concluded our night outside in the parking lot. He confessed he was really into me, and asked if we could set up a real date. I explained I had been dating someone for awhile, and pulled a real whammy of a line, "lets just be friends."
We mentally shook hands, knowing we'd probably never see each other outside of the laundry mat, and set off on our ways.
I confess, I Facebook stalked him today. I'm glad I did though. The guy is in a relationship with some girl from Minnesota! What a boogerhead.
Lesson learned: Don't meet anybody at a laundry mat. Also, Facebook can be a very useful tool.
Thank you Facebook for everything you've given me: Aimless hours of stalking, applying applications, annoying everybody else with my applications, and commenting on everybody else's photos. I owe you one.
I'm in this kind of mood. I recently discovered this band while at work. Everybody needs a little Norwegian disco electronica in their lives!
I never went to a Computer Camp myself, but if I did you'd find me next to the dancing kid in the corridor!
"She’s not a tramp. Her name is Judy."
"That’s a nice name."
"Yeah she’s a nice girl."
"Big deal. Did you get in her pants?"
"She’s not that kind of a girl, booger!"
Datarock - Computer Camp Love