Monday, May 19, 2008
Hi Hello, I've Missed You So
Scritto da Point Dexter alle 11:34 AM
I've given up on new prospects for a new blog. Even since January, my last post, I haven't found the time to start a new one. But all of the blood, sweat, and tears has finally paid off. I am a University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Alumni! I graduated last Saturday and I'm now part of 1% of the world's population who have a college degree. I also did it within a four-year time frame.The ceremony was lovely. My small family attended. They called my name, and I heard the hooting and hollering of my friends and family (I secretly love how these ceremonies are a form of popularity contest).
Usually my mom and I get pretty emotional when it comes to these things. Beforehand, we were going over the details of the ceremony (where to park, where my grandparents should sit) when she looked at me and told me how proud she is. "You have worked so hard for this."
I replied, "We both have." Needless to say we both bawled like babies immediately afterwards.
My boyfriend also attended. He represented the photographer for the family. My family has issues with technology, and struggle to capture Kodak moments. I have to extend a personal thank you to him for being my rock and supporting me throughout my last semester. It was a crazy ride, but we made it baby :)
And the question begs, "Now what will you do?" The dream is to work for National Geographic or Discovery Channel out east. However, with this major, its relatively difficult to jump straight into a job (or any job for that matter). The current goal is to find a job that looks good on my resume. The first step is the hardest step. My insurance benefits through my mom end June 6th, so in the mean time I'll work full time at the restaurant. I've been there for five years already, and I am ready to finish with food forever!
That's the plan. Not a lot there, I know. I figure, I've been attending school for 16 years straight. I deserve a Summer break.
More to come. It's really good to be back. Honestly, I've missed you all so. I hope you all are well. We have a lot to catch up on!